Set high on a hill with 360 degree views out over the Serengeti savannah, the Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge combines luxury with simplicity and is Africa at its very best.Inspired by the traditional African village, the lodge is rich in local atmosphere and the bedrooms are housed in individual thatched huts. These huts are furnished with authentic African furniture and handicrafts, with balconies overlooking the awesome expanse of the Serengeti. Communal areas of the lodge are created out of thatch and indigenous wood and give guests a true ‘out of Africa’ experience. Great attention has been paid to both architectural and decorative detailing and the lodge is a photographer’s joy.
Derived from the Masai word ‘siringet’ meaning endless plains, the Serengeti is one of the world’s last great wildlife refuges. From the Serengeti Serena you can enjoy safari drives or balloon safaris and experience the awesome spectacle of the annual migration that is one of nature’s wonders, or simply enjoy the outstanding quality and variety of cuisine.The circular bar, its roof supported by massive carven figures of warriors, maidens and elders, looks out over the sky-blue, ‘vanishing horizon’ swimming pool towards the miles of lion-gold savannah that lie below, wherein is enacted the thunderous theatre of the million-strong wildebeest migration. As for views, from lilac-streaked sunrise, to diamond-domed night, the searingly sensational Serengeti delivers a series of timeless volcanic vistas that are second to none.
• An imaginative range of bush breakfasts, barbecue bush lunches, atmospheric sundowners and vibrant cultural entertainments.
• Action-packed forays into the wildlife-teeming arena of the sensational Serengeti plains.
• Balloon safaris, floating high above the Serengeti and landing to a spectacular champagne breakfast cooked in the bush.
• A vibrant selection of traditional music, culture and dance.
• The ‘Serena Active’ selection of high-action adventure activities.
• Beauty treatments, massage and hairdressing.
• Extensively stocked Africana Gift shop and Safari boutique.
• Internet connectivity and a wide range of board games plus a full library of books on Africa.
• Hairdryer available in room.
• Full housekeeping services (laundry, valet, babysitting on request, children’s menus and dining and shoeshine) plus hairdryers and telephones in all rooms.
• Full medical back-up and emergency evacuation facilities.
• Express check in and out
• 24-hour Forex facilities.
A C T I V I T I E S
o Action-packed game drives through the magnificent ecosystem of the Serengeti
o Morning wildlife walks around the lodge with our resident naturalist
o A full safari breakfast, cooked in the bush
o A ‘Bush Barbecue’ lunch, evocatively staged on a bluff overlooking the Mbingwe Valley, wherein is enacted the world-famous wildebeest migration
o Atmospheric ‘Sundowners’ in our own bush camp as the sinking sun sets the Serengeti ablaze
o Traditional displays of dance, music and cultural performance
o Nightly wildlife and cultural talks, videos and film shows
• At Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge, the main features of Serena Active are:
• A ringside seat at the ‘Greatest Wildlife Show on Earth’, the wildebeest migration.
• Spectacular game drives around the stunning Serengeti ecosystem.
• Gentle nature trails around the Lodge in the company of our resident naturalist.
• ‘Scenic swimming’ in our stunning ‘vanishing horizon’ swimming pool.
• Relaxing ‘après active’ massages.
• Balloon safaris over the plains followed by a champagne breakfast at the bush-landing site.
Back to Top