|LAKE NATRON TENTED CAMP - LAKE NATRON - TANZANIA
Wild and remote Lake Natron is situated at the base of Africa's only active volcano Oldonyo Lengai (Mountain of God) in the great Rift Valley Lake Natron is one of the most alkaline lakes in the world. Home to millions of tiny crustaceans, the lake is a haven for literally thousands of lesser flamingo's and it is one of the most important flamingo breeding grounds on earth. Here it is the landscape rather than the animals that is the attraction - the area around the lake inhabited by Maasai is dry, desolate and hauntingly beautiful.
For many guests a Lake Natron excursion and climbing Oldonyo Lengai is the main highlight and achievement of their stay. Climbing Lengai is a hard and steep climb to the top through notoriously spiky vegetation and the path is covered with ash after the recent eruptions in 2007/2008 and only physically fit people should attempt the climb.
It is located in the northeast of Tanzania in between the Ngorongoro Highlands and Serengeti plains.
Unique in its setting, Lake Natron Tented Camp is set back in a grove of trees slightly removed from the dusty terrain of the lake. Clean safari tents offer showers, comfortable beds and a private veranda.
Restaurant & Bar
A fully stocked bar and candle lit restaurant ensure you have a cold drink and delicious food at the end of an arduous climb or long days walking.
• Lake Natron excursions: see the flamingos, learn about the environment, can include picnic
• Hot Springs;
• Sundowners / Bush dinner walks;
• Waterfall hike – swim, cool off and relax!
• Springs of Engaresero River; ½ day trekking possibilities on the escarpment
• Maasai cultural excursions (Maasai Boma visit, Maasai medicine walk, Maasai Dance)
• Climbing Oldonyo Lengai (depending on activity of the volcano)
Lake Natron Tented Camp at a glance . . .
• 9 spacious semi-luxury self contained tents fitted with electricity and running water
• Bathroom: shower, flush toilet, wash hand basin, soap, towels, bottled water
• Mosquito nets, mosquito coils, candles & matches
• Electric lights in tent and bathroom
• 4 self contained mobile tents with electricity and running water
• Charging possibilities for cameras, batteries
• Restaurant & Bar
• Room Service, Internet Service, Laundry Service
• Beautiful, shady garden
• Natural swimming pool
• Full & half board rates, lunch boxes available
• Campsite: 2 kitchens, mess tent, toilets & showers
• 11 fly tents, not self contained with private toilet and shower block
• Airstrip close by
Back to Top
Please contact the webmaster if any area of the site is not responding.
© 1998 – 2010 African Legends – East Africa. All rights reserved.
African Legends – Tanzania Safari | Kilimanjaro Climbing | Zanzibar Holidays
P. O. Box 54, Arusha, Tanzania, East Africa.
Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org